Saturday, May 4, 2013

Brand new: About me

I wanted to write a blog about my life as mother of two little girls, one of which was born at only 23 weeks and has quadriplegic cerebral palsy. N is my oldest daughter and is 3 and half. She's an extraordinary girl that has challenged medical expectations from day one and whose early birth not only turned my life completely upside down but also changed its course forever. My other baby, A, is only 2 and half months old and had (thankfully!) a much more ordinary start in life. Then there's T, my wonderful husband who inspires the most loving feelings and drives me crazy in equal measure.

I don't want the focus of the blog to be on the fact that I have a daughter with cerebral palsy. That is an unquestionable big part of our lives but it's not the main focus, and so it shouldn't be, as far as I'm concerned.  I guess I try, as much as possible, to live as if N's condition didn't exist, at least in the sense that I don't want to stop trying to do things just because it's more of a hassle. So this blog is about me, my family and how I'm trying to find ways to always be happy no matter what life throws at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment